As the days get colder, it’s becoming more important that people are preparing properly for winter. During the winter months, Ideal Boilers want you to be safe and warm. We also want to give our customers peace of mind when it comes to our boilers with advice and hints to combat the cold. Read below for the Ideal top tips for winter.
MAINTAIN YOUR BOILER
Making sure your boiler has been serviced annually is essential for keeping it in top condition. Ensuring your boiler is well-maintained means it is more efficient and less likely to break down, which over the Christmas period can be problematic as engineers are extremely busy during this time of year. Make sure your boiler is serviced as early as possible by a Gas Safe Engineer, which you can find on our website: http://ow.ly/PtzM30mJ42K
SAVE MONEY BY BEING ENERGY EFFICIENT
Some people may think that winter season will cost them a fortune on heating bills but that doesn’t have to be the case. For example, simply reducing your room temperature down by one degree could cut your heating bills by up to 10 per cent. If rooms aren’t often used around the home, turn the TRV (Thermostatic Radiator Valve) to a lower setting so you’re not wasting heat on an unused room.
GET SMART WITH TOUCH CONNECT
One of the best things about winter is getting in from the cold to a warm, comfortable home but that means leaving your heating on for the duration of your outing. However, now you can control your heating on the go with the Ideal Touch Connect. The new app will allow you to heat your home from your phone, making sure it’s nice and toasty for when you arrive back from your Christmas shopping. The Ideal Touch Connect also now works with Amazon Alexa, so if you don’t want to move from the comfort of your bed or sofa, you can tell Alexa turn the heating up or down for you.
Through the Ideal Touch Connect you can optimise your system, so it will use only the minimum energy required. Through the app you can control your heating remotely, so if you decide to have just one more Christmas flavoured coffee in town, you can delay your heating from coming on, meaning no energy is wasted heating an empty home.
KEEP WARM AROUND YOUR HOME
There are some little things you can do around the home to help stay warm and cosy without breaking the bank.
- 10 minutes before you go to bed, place a hot water bottle underneath the covers so it’s warm ready for you to get in. Winter socks can also be beneficial for cold toes.
- If you have long curtains, tuck these behind your radiator, the heat can sometimes be trapped behind the curtain, so tucking them behind your radiators helps ensure the heat gets to the right places in your home.
- Try to wear more thin layers, rather than one thick layer, this is more effective for trapping body heat.
- Make sure all windows are properly shut and not on the first latch.
- To make sure your house gets to the right temperature, make sure your thermostat is in the correct place, usually this is in one of the cooler rooms in the home, such as the hall way.
- Keep room doors closed, again, this traps the heat inside. Draft excluders would also help keep heat in the room.
If you need anymore help or guidance on servicing your boiler, Touch Connect or general enquiries, please contact our customer support team on 01482 498660.