As a leading UK based manufacturer of domestic, commercial and industrial heating products, we have made ourselves aware of the consequential impacts our operations have on the environment, including our energy use. This we have done in relation to the resources used within the manufacturing processes and also the energy used by our products once installed. We recognise the importance of product design in this context and in terms of sustainable development. We continually strive to use renewable materials and energy resources in our design and production processes.
Our commitment to care for the environment and manage our energy use is translated into company policy in the following ways:
1. In pursuance of excellent environmental and energy performance through the ongoing development of our formal Environmental and Energy Management System, we will put in place and regularly review appropriate measures to continually improve our performance, including the prevention of pollution incidents.
2. With regard to our identified significant environment & energy aspects, we will not knowingly violate any requirement imposed on our operations by applicable legislation or regulation. We will maintain systems to ensure legislative compliance, operating to official guidance and to appropriate industry best practice.
3. We will set, make resources & information available and regularly review objectives and targets for our highest rated significant environment & energy aspects. We have identified those relating to resource use, waste and direct releases into the environment for particular attention. Our overall aim will be to reduce the associated environmental and energy impacts at any stage of the product life cycle where it is practical to do so.
4. We will liaise with our suppliers, contractors and customers to find practical, mutually cost effective ways to minimise environmental impacts of common concern. This will include consideration of energy efficiency and design for energy performance improvement when purchasing significant energy using products and services.
5. We will develop the skills and competences required for relevant staff to manage environmental and energy issues related to our operations. We will also pursue appropriate environmental and energy awareness / understanding amongst our various interested parties, particularly where concerns are raised.